blob: f5940666d5d46122b03c3fffc5c132ad2ebbe3be (plain
Cowboy is a small, fast and modern HTTP server for Erlang/OTP.
Cowboy aims to provide a *complete* HTTP stack in a *small* code base.
It is optimized for *low latency* and *low memory usage*, in part
because it uses *binary strings*.
Cowboy provides *routing* capabilities, selectively dispatching requests
to handlers written in Erlang.
Because it uses Ranch for managing connections, Cowboy can easily be
*embedded* in any other application.
Cowboy is *clean* and *well tested* Erlang code.
The project is currently sponsored by https://sameroom.io[Sameroom].
The original SPDY implementation was sponsored by
http://leo-project.net/leofs/[LeoFS Cloud Storage].
It has since been superseded by HTTP/2.
== Online documentation
* http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/cowboy/2.0/guide[User guide]
* http://ninenines.eu/docs/en/cowboy/2.0/manual[Function reference]
== Offline documentation
* While still online, run `make docs`
* User guide available in `doc/` in PDF and HTML formats
* Function reference man pages available in `doc/man3/` and `doc/man7/`
* Run `make install-docs` to install man pages on your system
* Full documentation in Asciidoc available in `doc/src/`
* Examples available in `examples/`
== Getting help
* Official IRC Channel: #ninenines on irc.freenode.net
* http://ninenines.eu/services[Commercial Support]